Valuation Market Risk Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
RISK MFI (RISK Market & Financial Institutions) provides the Senior Management of the Group, of the RISK Function and of Corporate & Institutional Banking (“CIB”) with full transparency and dynamic analysis and monitoring of market, counterparty, liquidity risks originated and managed by CIB GM and of credit risks on Financial Institutions in order to assist them in their risk decision making and monitoring.
The Valuation Adjustments stream is responsible for the valuation adjustments methodologies on fair and prudent value (reserves, methodology corrections and independent price verification) from their design, maintenance, implementation, regular calibration, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
Your Main Activities Are
· The regular calibration of Valuation Adjustments methodologies from trading data and the analysis of financial impacts
· Integrating more data into the calibration methodologies and contributing to methodology improvements as a result
· Developing an operational framework to frequently calibrate the range of VAs methodologies
· Contributing to ad-hoc analysis on a range of market liquidity and uncertainty metrics as well as valuation accuracy
· Analysing the dynamic of Valuation Adjustments to market events and its impact on the bank capital
· The monthly computation, analysis, reporting and sign-off of monthly Valuation Adjustments methodology outputs
· Representing the team in the committees related to Valuation Adjustments
· Proposing initiatives to automate and harmonise calculation, analysis and reporting tasks and implement them.
Collaborating with other stakeholders of the team among trading, market risk managers, Quant Research, Finance, and developers and operational analysts of RISK Systems
Profile and Skills to Success
· Master’s degree in Finance, Applied Mathematics, Science or Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
· 1 to 5 years of working experience
· Good programming skills. Knowledge of Python is recommended
· Knowledge in Finance and Derivatives recommended. A previous experience in Market Risk is an advantage
· Analytical mindset, detail oriented and eager to solve problems
· Create a positive working environment and facilitate cooperation and interaction within and beyond the team
· Effectively deliver complex oral and written messages in a clear, structured, accurate and concise manner, based on facts
· Value and integrate client’s feedback to improve products, services and processes
· Ability to anticipate and takes initiative to answer a particular situation, to learn from experiences and to deploy curiosity about topics outside their immediate scope
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.