RISK ORM Operational Resilience Transformation Senior Manager
- Standard / Permanent
- SALES DEVELOPMENT
About the job
- RISK Operational Risk Management (RISK ORM) steers and reports on the Group’s Operational Risk Management framework and status, in close collaboration with the concerned Functions. It is the independent second line of defence on operational risk management activities of the Group, including on Information and Communication Technology risk management activities
- RISK ORM’s global Operational Resilience programme is a critical component in ensuring the Group’s ability to protect its vital services from disruption across the globe. The programme seeks to leverage and integrate existing practices such as Business Continuity, IT Resilience, Cyber Resilience, Third-Party Resilience and Crisis Management in order to mitigate and remediate any service disruption to meet its client and market obligations
- Operational Resilience management includes planning, integrating, testing, and governing activities to ensure that the Group can:
- Identify and mitigate business and system disruption risks that could lead to operational impacts before they occur
- Prepare for and respond to disruptive events in a manner that demonstrates command and control of incident response, coordination and service continuity. Scenarios could include but not limited to Cyber Security Incidents, Technology/Systems Outage, People or Process Failures
- Recover and restore vital services following disruption within the agreed resilience tolerance levels
- BNP Paribas (BNPP) is looking for a RISK ORM Operational Resilience Transformation Senior Manager to support the rollout and implementation of Operational Resilience Risk transformation programme across the Group
Your Main Activities Are
- Integrated with the Global RISK ORM Iberian Centre of Excellence the position of RISK ORM Operational Resilience Transformation Senior Manager will report functionally to the Global Head of RISK ORM Operational Resilience Transformation and hierarchically to the Head of the Global RISK ORM Iberian Centre of Excellence
- The selected individual will assist in implementing and strengthening the Operational Resilience framework for BNPP vital services. This will involve working collaborative and closely with various internal stakeholders, requiring broad multi-disciplinary knowledge in IT and Cyber Resilience, Business and IT Continuity, and general controls validation and testing
- Given the broad nature of this role, you will leverage your extensive expertise to facilitate the resilience transformation of the Group by acting as a key contributor and subject matter expert to both RISK ORM colleagues and Group Entities globally across lines of defence.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Support the rollout and evolution of the RISK ORM Operational Resilience programme and all associated methodologies and frameworks
- Support the development of the target operating model in coordination with RISK ORM Group and Entity teams and first line of defence stakeholders
- Work closely with the Operational Resilience Managers of the Group Clusters/Entities to ensure that their vital services, associated dependencies and maximum tolerable disruption thresholds are adequately and regularly reviewed and that Operational Resilience strategies are effective
- Support the identification of synergies with ongoing programmes and initiatives and help achieve appropriate alignment to ensure an appropriate Operational Resilience of vital services and minimise duplication of efforts
- Develop high-impact and clear socialisation and training material to facilitate programme adoption and drive positive change
- Become a recognised resilience thought-leader and provide proactive advisory services to risk owners by assisting in issue resolution and participating in prioritisation activities
- Perform relevant second line of defence (2LOD) thematic or issue-based deep-dives
- Contribute to the design and development of new/redesigned processes, systems, risk controls, testing regimes, documentation, and supporting materials
- Support the overall design and implementation of an enhanced global Group-wide Operational Resilience programme
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master Degree in Information Security / Business Continuity / Computer Sciences / Engineering
- Between 10 and 15 years of experience in Operational Resilience, Business continuity, Cybersecurity, Risk
- Advanced level of English and French, both written and oral
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Critical thinking
- Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
- Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.