Corporate Credit Analyst (Trainee)
- PROJECT & TRANSFORMATION MANAGEMENT
About the Job
- Within BNP Paribas CIB (Corporate & Institutional Banking), credit analysis plays a fundamental role in managing the risks related to both existing corporate clients and new business. The ECA (EMEA Credit Analytics) team is responsible for credit analysis for Corporate Banking clients from across our EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) business
- We are based in Lisbon and Porto, our international team includes colleagues from +15 different nationalities and we have a great working environment, with high levels of job satisfaction
- We have a hybrid working scheme, with a good balance of days in the office vs. homeworking days. Moreover, we have a flexible work schedule that differs from the nine-to-six model facilitating work-life balance
- We offer a structured path to enable career progression within our team (with roles including Trainee, Credit Analyst, Credit Associate and managerial roles). We also offer eventual support for longer-term career mobility within the BNP Paribas group.
- You will benefit from a 12 months’ structured training program
Your Main Activities Are
- Assessment and monitoring of credit risk according to regulatory and internal risk policies on a portfolio of corporate clients
- Interaction with different departments and stakeholders as part of the corporate credit process, on a local and international scale
- Preparation of written credit proposals combining financials analysis with sectorial information to support credit committee decisions regarding the client’s risk of default, credit rating and adequacy of the proposed financing
- You will be working with Corporate Banking clients, ranging from local subsidiaries to the largest companies from across EMEA, across many industries
- You will gain knowledge of a wide range of Corporate Banking products including Liquidity / Working Capital facilities, Derivatives, Cash Management and Trade Finance
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Finance, Economics, Management or Accounting
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral (mandatory)
- Detail oriented, with a solid knowledge of financial analysis and accounting standards
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Efficient organizational and planning capacities
- Self-starter, good initiative and flexible
- Business minded with an ability to convey a balanced sense of risk
About the Team
- We are based in Lisbon, our international team includes colleagues from +15 different nationalities and we have a great working environment. Do you wish to pursue a career in Investment Banking? Credit analysis is a great starting point for this
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.