Global Business Manager
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Key Words: Management, Supervision, Organization, Monitoring, Optimization
About the job
- The Governance & Project team ensures the optimization of the setup of the Global Markets Quantitative Research & Engineering team, the soundness of its operations as well as the definition, deployment and monitoring of governance, policies and procedures. It also facilitate and optimize the interactions with Business Partners
- The Business Manager contributes to team activities and proactively seeks improvements for the GM QR&E setup
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the GM QR&E governance framework
- Contribution to the monitoring of governance, policies and procedures across QR&E
- Support of and contribution to the QR&E governance control framework
- In particular (1): compliance to the QR&E Light IT framework o/w on-boarding of new applications
- In particular (2): periodic review of documentation a forms
- GM QR&E people initiatives including recruitment and on boarding
- Liaison between HR & managers for graduate, internship hiring and strategic initiatives hiring
- Implementation of GPS actions
- Organization and coordination of communication actions & events: Town Halls, Seminars
- Contribution to GM QR&E Cost Management & Budget
- Preparation of HMRC Tax Credit Claim for UK Quantitative Research & Engineering
- Overall Area Management
- Desk moves
- JIRA and SharePoint support
- On-boarding of new hires
- Data reporting & analysis
- Provide analysis and reports by performing data extraction and update, analysis, manipulation, reporting and formatting
- Contribute to and/or lead Optimization and Transformation Initiatives
- Contribute to initiatives impacting Global Markets QR&E
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of Experience
- Fluency in English
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Delivers tasks fully completed on time, based on objectives fixed.
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Supports team members when required and contributes to a positive work environment. Acts with team’s interests in mind
- Shares information with people they work with (including manager and team members) about work completed, next steps and areas of concern
- Collects information from one or more relevant sources
- Distinguishes critical/key points from irrelevant pieces of information, and prioritises accordingly
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Detail oriented
- Thoroughly reviews documents and information
- Adheres to deadlines according to established procedures/rules.
- Ability to manage a project
About the Team
- GMQR&E is responsible for research and implementation of innovative financial models and tools for Global Markets
- The main mandates are to maintain and enhance pricing libraries as well as to build and support tools based on these libraries
- The team is global, organized along business lines with a transversal component
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.