- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning…). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity.
Your Main Activities Are
- As part of Global Markets Regulatory Team and in close cooperation with the different business lines, the role of a regulatory analyst will be twofold:
- Coordinate GM Reg Transversal initiatives:
- Organise and coordinate contribution from GM Reg team members to Regulatory forums/committees, Reg Sharepoint, GM Website, Reg Newsletter, Symphony…
- Participate to the definition of GM Reg internal/external communication strategy: eg enhance use of existing tools, propose new vectors of comms, improve sharepoint organisation etc.
- Support to the Regulatory specialist through the entire regulatory life cycle of a given regulation, from advocacy to BAU.
- The regulatory analyst will contribute to the impact assessment of new regulations or refit of existing ones on the different Global Markets business lines; provide support in term of business advisory to front office teams to adapt to the new regulatory landscape and provide regulatory guidance to functions during the implementation of those regulations for Global Markets
- Main focus of the role is on EU driven regulatory topics impacting Global Markets activities. However such regulatory topics could have global impacts due to extra-territorial application of the rules. Conversely, US regulations may have an impact in the EU and interfere with EU regulations.
- The role encompasses the following responsibilities regarding the support of regulatory specialists:
- Perform impact analysis of new or existing regulations on the different business lines, e.g. manipulation of data to reflect revenue loss; scoping impacts in term of products / entity / location impacted etc
- Monitoring of dedicated mailbox to address clients queries on specific regulatory topics and addressing queries in a timely and professional manner following the defined communication process
- Producing KPIs on specific regulatory topics
- Providing support on key documentation tasks such as working hypothesis, scoping assumptions, training materials, FO guidance, regulatory factsheets etc.
- Ensuring dedicated Sharepoint is up to date
- Supporting Regulatory specialists in their advisory and advocacy actions
- Working closely with Global Markets trading and sales heads, GBLs and local Business Management and other internal business partners (Global Markets Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, Legal, GRM and ITO)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics or similar positions
- At least 2 years’ experience in financial sector
- Interest in current regulatory developments
- Proven project / programme management experience is a plus
- Strong expertise in Excel, Sharepoint and other Microsoft Office tools
- Be client focus – Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
- Strategic thinking and analytical reasoning
- Team player willing and able to communicate efficiently with a global network of people
- Ability to manipulate large data from different source systems
- Understanding of referential systems: clients, instruments.
- Understanding of front to back chains and processes
- Ability to design tracking tools to produce KPIs (for example on mailbox monitoring)
- Ability to design efficient operational processes to facilitate communication / address internal/external queries on specific regulatory topics
- Ability to create and design operational procedures and management reportings
- Ability to produce factual and informative documents for internal / external clients
About the Team
- The Business Development department is led by Arnaud de Tregomain (chief of staff of Olivier Osty, Global Head of Global Markets). This department is composed by the business strategy and strategic investment team, the Regulatory team and the Communication and Marketing team.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.