Senior Project Manager
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
About the job
- The Continuous Improvement Senior Project leader role is similar to an internal consultant role and it provides an excellent foundation of knowledge to take on other key roles in our organisation in the future
- The role is based in Lisbon but some overseas travel may be required at times according to business needs
Your Main Activities Are
- As part of the team the Continuous Improvement Senior Project Leader will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Design and execute organisational / operational improvements on specific projects using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Coordinate and execute specific aspects of the project: Reporting, stakeholder management, change management, resolving issues and ensuring high quality of deliverables
- Support Operational teams in developing their future design and in implementing improvements
- Own the transformation for specific dimensions, taking the lead in facilitating improvements in that area
- Evolve the toolsets and best practices and contribute to the development of the overall lean team
- Support continuous improvement activity and business improvement projects with teams who have already been through a Lean transformation
- Within the project frame is accountable for meeting project deadlines and budgets and reaching projects’ expected results
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management, Engineering or similar fields
- At least 5 years of experience in leading Lean and Six Sigma initiatives as well as in Project Management
- Have the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience in Lean and Six Sigma Coaching
- Experience in data analysis and performance management
- Fluent in English
- People oriented, willing to help
- Strong ability to listen, take on board feedback and act on it
- Positive and enthusiastic team player in an international environment
- Analytical and thorough with good problem-solving skills
- Able to facilitate and engage people, helping them solve their own issues
- Likes to test new concepts, and adjust accordingly based on feedback
- Interested in working jointly with and challenging Managers (in a positive, constructive manner)
- Strong leadership with ability to mobilize and gain adhesion of project stakeholders to a vision
- First class communication skills, able to deliver presentations and to train others in a clear manner
- Able to drive meetings towards success
- Pragmatic with strong capacity to draw the line between important and secondary matters and switch between macroscopic and detailed issues permanently
- Able to work cross-functionally, interfacing well with all management to help them change
- Willing and able to seek new opportunities and help build and support a high value pipeline of work
- A good coach, capable of encouraging and motivating people
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.