Operational Risk Analyst
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- PERMANENT CONTROL
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- The position is within the Operational Risk Practice. The Operational Risk Analyst will work in close partnership with the senior Operational Risk Relationship Manager and will closely with the business (Front Officers, GM management, among others), to ensure full deployment of the permanent control framework, as per Group’s standards
- Participate to protect P&L by analyzing Historical Incidents (HI)
- Perform RSCA and deep dive on FO processes in order to identify new critical risk area and suggest remediation actions
- Analyze controls results and perform detailed reviews
- Follow up of Business activity
- Build, maintain & publish key risk indicators (KRIs) on action plans, incident validation, among others
- Contribute to the follow-up of the implementation internal and external recommendations
- Chase internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to training, knowledge sharing sessions to different scopes and functions
- Build reporting, dashboards, templates addressed to internal and external stakeholders
- Perform trend analysis comparison to previous weeks/months/quarters
- Proactively suggest improvements on reports on a continuous basis and promote digital solutions
- Contribution to OPC production, governance & tools
- Ensure data input & quality check
- Contribute to the Permanent Control & Regulatory Governance and other initiatives
- Prepare appropriate materials and contribute to the various relevant business committees
- Ad-hoc analysis for set deadlines
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Maths, Engineering, IT, Science or similar fields
- Experience related to Investment Banking
- 2 to 5 year-experience of Front-Office risk-focused team or Capital Market activities
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Understanding of capital markets key risks, processes and controls
- Analytical and quantitative skills, precision, rigorousness combined with a critical mindset
- Knowledge of Excel, VBA
- Fluency in English both oral and written
- Autonomy, proactivity
- Team spirit, ability to work with others
About the Team
- The Global Markets Operational and Permanent Control (GM OPC) set-up faces increasing Regulatory and Conduct demands beyond pure Operational Risk. As part of Strategy Conduct and Risk (SCR), GM OPC operates over the 3 main regions, through the three following Practices
- Regulatory Practice: support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice: assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification, Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA)
- Operational Risk Practice: contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.