Corporate Actions Account Manager
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About the job
Manage clients’ relationship with BNP Paribas Securities Services through the safekeeping of their assets and management of corporate events. Provide high quality of service by being the point of contact for our clients
Your Main Activities Are
- Control and manage client’s instructions in relation to Corporate Actions events within the established SLA/service level delivery (SLD)
- Process and/or forward late instructions to relevant teams via the appropriate channels, keeping track of them until duly processed. Reach out to and communicate with relevant teams when necessary in order to gather/clarify information about how to instruct and overcome any issue affecting the instruction process
- Resolve all incoming queries (as soon as possible) providing initial acknowledgment in line with clients’/branches’ SLA and issue quality responses based on established criteria. Provide accurate and detailed information to clients in relation to Corporate Action events, ensuring support in case of complex operations
- Log all queries and client service requests in the correct tools to allow statistical analysis of activity
- Maintain client details’ updated in all necessary tools and contact list databases
- Prepare due diligence visit (DDV) presentations and participate in client calls/visits
- Guarantee that all procedures assigned are updated on an ongoing basis, taking into account market, service and product changes and/or potential risk factors
- Develop a good level of knowledge of markets, financial instruments and market changes by regular use of various information sources (Market Updates, Client Updates, market announcements, among others)
- Be active in the continuous improvement of the team’s processes, proposing and defining projects for improving service; participate in User Acceptance Testing in order to contribute to system upgrades and its development and formalise evolutions detected with clients (organization, activity…) and advise supervision and management
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s (3-5 years) in Economics, Finance and Accounting
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in Banking and Financial Operations or Client Management
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Pack Microsoft (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Fluency in English
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Attention to detail
- Client focused
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Organizational skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.