- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here.
About the job
- We are looking for an HTML5 based (AngularJS) Web Developer responsible for the client side of our service. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface for a web application, with a focus on usability, flexible configuration and performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional application for Risk business users
- You will have responsibility for the artistic design, HTML templates, animations, CSS, and final HTML output. You will work in a team with other front and back-end developers, and communicate with the REST API using standard methods
Your Main Activities Are
- Direct Responsibilities
- Be part of a growing team that is at the heart of our investment in regulatory and business driven change
- Rapidly prototyping solutions to quickly prove/disprove new concepts
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance in a multi-browser environment
- Cooperating with the back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with web services
- Contributing Responsibilities
- Able to incrementally deliver web applications to meet dynamic customer requirements
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Thorough understanding of multi-tier platforms, including database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing asynchronous code, and an understanding of parallel server architectures
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS
Profile and Skills to Success
- Hands on Experience on Angular JS 5 and above
- Excellent software coding, documentation and analysis skills
- Good To Have
- Restful Webservices
- Spring MVC
- Hands on with basic Unix Skills
About the Team
- The mission of RISK is to provide Senior Management of the Group and of the Operating Divisions, with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the risk and clients managed by Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Investment Solutions (IS) business units, as per the scope detailed below
- The scope of RISK is
On Market and Liquidity risks: it is Group-wide. RISK comprehensively covers the CIB capital markets activities, ALM Treasury as well as the IS Business Units
On Counterparty risk: it is Group-wide. RISK covers all counterparty risks arising from derivative and repo transactions
On Credit risk: credit analysis and approval for all Financial Institutions (including Funds and SPVs), Sovereigns, Wealth Management clients and other IS private clients
On Insurance risk: risks generated by Insurance activities
Depending on mandates given, RISK also assumes, directly or indirectly, responsibilities on the above risk categories in specific areas of the Retail Business Units
RISK contributes to the definition of the Group’s risk appetite, its risk decision-making process and the optimization of capital allocation to support the development of the Operating Divisions
The RISK ERA Systems team is part of RISK. Its mission consists in providing the Bank with a comprehensive capital markets risk system used to calculate market and counterparty risk capital figures using advanced methods and to support the needs of users for risk analysis, risk reporting and the credit process
RISK ERA Systems has recently been expanding its international footprint by opening a new hub in Lisbon. This hub is currently made of two teams
Market Risk Measures (MRM), in charge of developing and implementing calculation methods for market and counterparty risk using Python
Data Governance Tool (DGT), responsible for the development and maintenance of a tool used to monitor data quality within RISK and developed in Python, Angular and Java
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.