- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the job
- BNP Paribas’ RISK department is in charge of supporting the definition of the risk appetite and risk decision-making process of the Group
- RISK Global Services teams is part of RISK, and aims to transversally develop optimized resources, platforms and common services that are adding value for all of RISK. Their activities cover transversally market, counterparty, credit and liquidity related topics. They assume their responsibilities in full cooperation with either RISK Business Domains or Global Practice teams, or else with subsidiaries or branches of the corresponding RISK teams
- RISK Systems is part of RISK Global Services, and at Group level is responsible for risk capital markets IT systems. It combines development, business analysis (BA) and process reengineering skills as well as coordination support for innovation. Through its experience and polyvalent profiles (IT/Functional), RISK Systems is supporting the Back testing and Calibration services in their continuous transformation, with an attention point on securing the transfer of new developments into production as the production frameworks are becoming more and more strictly governed
- With over 250 members across 10 countries, RISK Systems works in a fully Scaled Agile setup and you will be part of a squad following SAFE agile practices, working closely with other locations, in a multicultural environment
- Innovation is also key to RISK Systems and you will have the opportunity to collaborate in cross-team innovation projects and propose initiatives aligned with our top innovation priorities: Artificial Intelligence, Development Languages, Process Efficiency & Automation and Knowledge Sharing
Your Main Activities Are
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Python code
- Rapidly prototyping solutions to quickly prove/disprove new concepts
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Incrementally deliver applications to meet dynamic customer requirements
- Resolve incidents in a production environment
- Collaborate with different stakeholders in the solution of problems and blockages
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Physics, IT, Economics, or any related science areas
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral
- Proven experience with Python programming
- Experience with unit, integration and end to end testing
- Knowledge in IT
- Knowledge in SQL and any industry standard relational database
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.