Market Intelligence Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
Are you passionate about the investment banking landscape and like to interpret data? We’re looking for people to help us make sense of data and understand what it is really telling us about how the competitive landscape for CIB is developing and how BNP Paribas and our competitors are performing. Are you confident you can help translate CIB market and competitor data and other information into competitive benchmarking insights with strategic analyses containing impactful and relevant messages for our stakeholders? If so, come and join a dynamic team whose main mission is to support CIB Top Management make more informed decisions.
Your Main Activities Are
- Gather relevant information about the market and our competitors
- Identify and understand the main trends and messages contained in financial reports, press releases, financial news and other data sources
- Support the preparation of high-quality and insightful benchmarking presentations, dashboards and reports for the CIB CEO and its management team
- Contribute to “deep-dive” exercises on CIB topics and on competitors with data sourcing, input and analysis
- Contribute and support the development of benchmarks, tools and methodologies to monitor the evolution of our and the market’s ESG related efforts
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to Market Intelligence and Strategy topics
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering or related area
- English fluent
- Expertise in MS Office Tools (Excel, VBA, Powerpoint)
- Be collaborative, a great team player and eager to learn
- Be result oriented and capable of delivering within demanding time frames whilst demonstrating great rigor and attention to detail
- Be proactive in the use of your analytical capabilities to enhance benchmarking analysis, reports, dashboards and insights
- Look for ways of automating tasks and data inputs/transformation
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.