KYC Data Officer – French Speaker
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
About the job
- The KYC Data Officer’s primary focus is to gather client data and documentation to construct a KYC (Know Your Client) file to support the due diligence assessment of prospective and existing clients
Your Main Activities Are
- Initiation and preparation of onboarding/recertification KYC process: understands the purpose of each client on-boarding or recertification request and explains BNP Paribas KYC process to the client
- Conduct initial checks against internal data / databases to determine KYC information held within the bank and required documents to constitute “Kick-off pack” to be shared with clients. Additionally, define the “onboarding/recertification specifications” including multi-site local requirements
- Liaise internally with relevant stakeholders for list of required KYC and Regulatory (FATCA, AEOI, MIFID) documents, determines required documents for KYC and performs gap analysis with existing documents
- Prepare list of required onboarding/recertification documents and constitute client “Kick-off pack”
- Collection of information and documents: interrogates internal/external sources and KYC utilities to obtain data and documents required by the relevant client segment policy and collects remaining documents from the clients
- Organize documents collected and extracts relevant data to support the KYC process. Also, ensure and validate that collected documents are consistent, valid and adequate with internal procedures/guidelines, while ensuring due diligence regarding local requirements for multi-site clients are properly performed. Review all tax and regulatory required documents (FATCA, AEOI, MiFID) when Regulatory control does not exist
- Enter or update systems with data related to Scoring Grid (e.g. activity, source of funds), based on the documentary analysis performed
- Create waiver of document after review with Relationship Manager, if required. Also, escalates when necessary to other internal actors to deal with higher risk elements / situations
- Perform documents upload and data capture: ensures the completeness of the onboarding/recertification request in the systems and creates ownership structure and list related persons (Hierarchy Management)
- Update systems with corresponding data based on the documentary analysis performed
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Law, Economics, Finance or Accounting
- Up to 2 years of experience in Legal or Banking and Financial Operations areas
- Beginner level in Compliance Vigilance tool
- Fluency in English and French
- Compliance and KYC knowledge
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Client focused
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.