- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the job
- FRESH is the IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market. FRESH is a new worldwide organizational model that will contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive rotation to new technologies and best practices. FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams. FRESH is part of the ITG organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship by ITG, Finance and RISK (CIB-ITO; RISK Solutions and ITG-FIT)
- Part of FRESH, Master data is the team in charge of “Master Data” solutions for Finance and Risk. Main objective is to share “Master Data” across the group. It covers Referential, Nomenclatures and Dictionaries Solutions
- The Data Engineer is responsible for the technical design and development of IT assets dedicated to data management and their incoming and outgoing pipelines
- The Data Engineer will be based on the functional design performed by the Business Analyst specialized in Data, on the framework defined by the Data Architect and in compliance with the Enterprise Data Model and IT standards
- The Data Engineer works in conjunction with the Data Analyst, which is responsible for the aggregation of data, and the Data Scientist, which is responsible for the exploitation of data requiring algorithms
- Interact with security, continuity, and IT architecture in order to validate the IT assets she/he designs and develops
Your Main Activities Are
- The Data Engineer collects data and builds reliable data pipelines
- Build and optimize the data processing centralize data pipelines in one place and produce robust-high-performance infrastructure for generating actionable information
- In charge of sourcing and connecting data. The consumers of this data include Data Analysts, AI Business Analysts and Data Scientists across the organization, whose improved access to standardized data will make them more effective at delivering use-cases
- Design data models and visualizations to be launched in a production environment
- Participate in project code reviews
Profile and Skills to Success
- University degree, or equivalent by experience, in Information Technology and/or Computer Science, Information Management, or other related fields
- At least 2 years of experience
- Business Skills: Data knowledge; Data processing; Data quality & security; Architecture; Infrastructure; IT Development; IT Risk and Cyber Security
- Tools – Methodologies – Technologies: Database Management; Data connectivity; API; PYTHON; DATAIKU; TABLEAU; POWER BI; ALTERYX; AB INITIO; SQL
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as English professional level (read, write, speak)
- Pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Organization skills
- Ability to clear communicate and report project status to the management
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Accomplished team player
- Client focus
- Good work ethic and high levels of motivation
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.