BNP Paribas Portugal has won the Prémios RH 2022 in the category “Diversity and Inclusion”, for its work in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion. The award was presented in the gala of the 15th edition of the Prémios RH 2022.
The award was the recognition of the strategy of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) defined for the national territory for the three years 2022-2025, through several actions and projects developed in Portugal over 2022:
- Diversity Week. In this year’s edition, the main goal was to understand how technology, and the resources that we have available, can better serve Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The event registered over 1,400 participants.
- In support of the creation and implementation of the Diversity Week programme, but also in other activities, the HR and DEI team works very closely with the Employee Networks. Together they share every opportunity to contribute to an equal environment where each individual can be authentic and have equal access: Pride, Together by Mix City, All Abroad, Women in Cyber and Bold.
- Recently, BNP Paribas distinguish itself as the first company in Portugal to be associate with the feminist and humanist movement #JamaisSansElles by signing its letter of principles by its Top Management team members individually.
- As a signatory to the International Labor Organization’s (ILO) Global Business and Disability Network Charter, BNP Paribas promotes the employment of disabled people, sets out measures to ensure employment retention and encourage universal accessibility. In Portugal, it has worked with partner organisations to increase the number of candidates and inclusion in the world of work.
- To ensure that the inclusion culture it is implemented throughout the Bank, an Inclusive Management Development and Combating Unconscious Environments Programmes were developed for its entire leadership team in Portugal, covering more than 900 leadership teams’ members.
- In order to implement projects in a cross-cutting manner to all its business entities and functions, BNP Paribas defined a diversity governance model dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion involving representatives of all teams and collaborating communities, thus applying the values by which it is governed.
“Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are fundamental values of the BNP Paribas Group. This award leaves us very proud with what BNP Paribas has been doing for many years not only at global level, but also at a local level. This comes as an extra motivation so that we continue doing our work in this area, which can always improve through the results achieved internally, but also through our relationship with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders with whom we conduct our daily activities. Special thanks to all our staff, who are the driving force and the first ambassadors of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of BNP Paribas, and also to the whole organization and jury of the Prémios HR 2022, who present us the to share our work”, says Luciana Peres, Head of CSR and Diversity & Inclusion at BNP Paribas Portugal.
“This award not only reinforces the important role that DE&I has for BNP Paribas, and for its employees, but is also further proof of the Bank’s existing multidisciplinary strategy and policy of human resources, which has always the potential of ensuring the best possible conditions for the integration and retention of current and future employees of the Group”, explains Sylvie Le Pottier, Head of HR at BNP Paribas Portugal.
The Prémios RH, organised by the IIRH – Instituto de Informação em Recursos Humanos and RHmagazine, gather the entire human resources community in Portugal once a year, to celebrate excellence in the exercise of their profession, recognise individual and collective achievements.
This was the first annual Portuguese award in this sector, where public recognition of the merit and excellence of those who stand out in the management of people has contributed to strengthening the importance of this area in the business world.