Senior Personal Assistant for Wealth Management
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About the job
- The Mission of the Executive Assistant is to perform, coordinate and oversee office administrative duties while providing an extensive level of support to Executive Committee members. Reporting directly to an ExCo member, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship
- The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Manager. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and may oversee special projects. The EA will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
Your Main Activities Are
- Responsible for personal assistance to the head/manager, including diary management
- Answers calls, e-mails and relaying messages, greet internal and external visitors, schedule meetings and make room arrangements
- Make travel arrangements (full itinerary), proceeding to payments (e.g. flight seats) and submitting expenses
- Acts as the first point of contact (gate keeper) for the head/manager
- Deals with confidential information and upholds a strict level of confidentiality
- Produces, prepares (e.g. binding) and prints documents, manages and organse the office supplies
- Provide IT assistance, when applicable, including user access management
- Provides general clerical and administrative assistance to other team managers and team members, coorganising team events along with the management
- Liaise with daily questions and contact the other company departments (e.g. coffee machine assistance, toners supply, cleaning issues, moves, visitor badges, IT assistance, parking space, fridge maintenance)
- Make arrangements for new joiners (seat allocation, IT equipment request, digital accesses request)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor in Humanities, Secretariat and Translation
- Experience in Administrative Support
- Experience in use of MS Office applications
- Fluent in English/French
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Organisational skills
- Client focused
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.