Securities Transfer Team Leader
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About the job
- As a leading global private bank, we deliver a tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail along with precise, local knowledge backed by the global know-how of a worldwide banking group. With a strong presence of almost 7.000 employees working in Europe, Asia and the United States and €393 billion of assets under management as of December 2019, BNP Paribas Wealth Management (“WM”) is a global leader of the Private Banking industry
- Since 2015, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has a competences center in Lisbon named the Portugal International Markets Hub (“PIMH”). This center manages certain activities for the International Markets (“IM”) sites of BNPPWM namely Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany and Monaco
Your Main Activities Are
- Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Team Manager of Securities Transfer teams, you are expected to perform the following activities
- Supervises and organizes the booking of the transfers on securities and funds
- Supervises the settlement of the transfers on the markets through our custodians network
- Grants output delays on bookings within predefined standards
- Manages the team, recruits, organizes the annual evaluation, the training plan, among others
- Reports and informs direct management regularly
- Implements the right controls to secure the output, improves the process permanently and approves the procedures
- Produces monthly and quarterly reports, as well as periodic service reviews on activity
- Contributes to projects that involve back office
- Communicates and maintains a good relationship with other WM entities and custodians
- Contributes to the internal control framework
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor degree in Economy, Finance or similar
- Experience in banking environment
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Pro in team management and working in a functional/hierarchical matrix organisation
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis with rigor delivering quickly and frequently high quality documents within deadlines, multitasks management
- Willing to make your hands dirty and get the work done (‘can do’-attitude)
- Proactive and initiative capacities, reliability, autonomy and dynamism with strong organization
- Communication skills (orally and writing), open minded and a team player
- Ability to build network working relationships with various stakeholders
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.