- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About the job
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. In the context of Global Markets organization, and of BNPP’s Client-centric strategy, the Trader and Sales Assistant team aims to accompany the continuous enhancement of the quality of service provided to our clients, notably post-trade services. Its role is to support traders and sales in their daily tasks (pre-trade to post-trade processes), in the most timely and efficient manner. The trading and Sales assistant team is the key contact for external clients but also for other BNPP functions
Your Main Activities Are
- Marketers are responsible for the booking of any new trades and the Sales Support team will enrich the bookings as necessary to reflect step-ins, unwinds and block allocations
- Involves receiving the booking details from the Marketer or directly from the Client's middle office
- Certifying all trades are split as per client allocations in deal capture systems
- Ensure that ICE/MarkitSERV are monitored to ensure all novations alleged to us are picked up and affirmed within regulatory deadlines
- Ensuring all Trading and KYC flags are in place and Credit Lines are checked in Risk Navigator before consenting novations in MarkitWire (MW) and bookings are updated in relevant Deal Capture platform
- Monitoring CSA related collateral impact on trading P&L for novations where the collateral agreement between the Step In and Step Out counterparty changes currency and raising any breaches to the relevant FO representatives (Trading/Sales)
- Ensure that all Mandatory Clearing deals are booked, released and cleared on trade date and within regulatory reporting timeframes
- Liaise with all teams involved in the process to ensure trade date processing
- Ensure all novated trades clear as agreed at the time of the novation by chasing the counterparties where necessary
- Process any amendments on behalf of Sales in our deal capture systems and obtain the necessary agreements for any economic amends before they are processed
- Ensure that the Missing IM report is checked and liaise with the Front Office Representative and Credit Officers to obtain the relevant IM information before updating this onto the trade and clearing the item from the report
- Monitor, investigate and clear the daily Unprocessed Trades report
- Liaise with all teams involved in the process to ensure all trades are processed in a timely manner
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or Economics
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English
- A structured, methodical and organized approach to work
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, positive attitude and commercial mindset
- Ability to solve a number of problems simultaneously is essential, as well as the capacity to work
- under considerable pressure
- Lateral thinker identifying useful information and navigating obstacles and barriers
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing environment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.