Sales and Trading Assistant Trainee
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Keywords: Credit Default Swaps, CDS, Credit Products, P&L, Post Trade, Sales, Trading
About the job
The Trading Assistant Team is key to the smooth operating of the Fixed Income Derivatives Market within BNPP. It is essential that the team (based in London and Lisbon) has a strong relationship with the sales/trading desk in order to provide a seamless process to our clients from Pre trade to post trade. Given the importance of the role, Trading Assistants have a considerable exposure to BNP Paribas’ Global Market business by working closely with Traders, Sales, Research and Management.
Work model: 1 day of remote working per week but only after 6 months in the office
Your Main Activities Are
· Ensure all booking queries are addressed and escalated to the Marketer/Trader when appropriate
· Ensure that trades are booked correctly on Front Office systems and complete the bookings of step-ins, novation’s, unwinds and block allocations
· Ensure all trades are split as per client allocations in deal capture systems
· Perform credit risk simulations
· Calculate CSA impact and perform correlation checks on novation’s and raise it to trading desk if applicable
· Ensure OTC Market Mandatory Index trades are executed & cleared within regulatory guidelines (EMIR & Dodd-Frank)
· Act as point of contact for ad-hoc queries for the sales desk
· Execute daily controls to mitigate risks
· Work in close collaboration with the onshore (London) team
Profile and Skills to Success
· Academic background in Business Management, Finance, Economics or similar areas
· Interest in Financial Markets (with focus on Credit Default Swaps)
· Fluency in English
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (preferred high level)
· A structured, methodical, organized approach to work and ability to multitask
· Good Team spirit, ability to work alone and with others
· Proactive and capacity to deliver results with precision and rigorousness
· Client focused, resilient, with good time management and organizational skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.