Regulatory Reporting Junior Financial Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
- The position will enable, in a first step, the team member to participate to the Project Management of the new reportings: Commercial Real Estate ACPR (CRE ACPR), Valuation Data Set (VDS), Loan Tape Standard (LTS) required by different regulators: Single Resolution Board (SRB), Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel (ACPR), European Central Bank (ECB) etc… With respect to this aspect of the role, the team member will be following the different sourcing projects of the different contributors and ensuring they respect their respective roadmaps to provide the required data to the data warehouse of the Group, the Shared Reporting Space (SRS)
- In parallel, in a second aspect of the role and a more permanent one, the team member will have to ensure the coordination with different contributors to secure the production of the different reportings required by the regulator
- This position will be temporarily under Standard & Controls – Accounting Standards Project Implementation team, with a transfer to Strategic Monitoring and Reporting teams once the project phase is finalized and the reporting stabilized
- The position has a strong focus on communication and liaising with contributors
- These include central/local finance and reporting teams, the IT teams of the accounting systems (mainly One Financial System-OFS, the main general ledger of BNPP Group, and Atlas2), the Risk reporting teams and projects, and the teams in charge of the shared central reporting solution (SRS)
Your Main Activities Are
- Define project governance with sponsors and different contributors, as well as project and system level action plans
- Communicating regulatory changes and project status to all stakeholders beyond Finance, to anticipate end to end changes in systems and processes; contribute to the definition of solutions to comply with regulatory plannings, specifically in coordination with ITG / FRESH
- Ensuring the correct implementation of solutions in the various business lines and territories
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Working Experience in an international environment appreciated
- IFRS rules and European Banking regulations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as English professional level (read, write, speak)
- Agility to develop and adapt processes
- Analysis skills
- Ability to manage a project
- Ability to accommodate meeting, seminar, committee, training courses
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.