- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About the job
- The Regulatory, Operational, Conduct Risk Analyst is accountable for reinforcing the overall Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) first Level of Defence on Conduct and Permanent Control, with a global scope encompassing all Business Lines and regions, and in line with Group policies or supervisor’s recommendations
- The Regulatory, Operational, Conduct Risk Analyst is also accountable for supporting the CIB Chief Conduct Control Officers (CCCOs) and CIB Executive Management to manage the Non-Financial Risk Management framework
Your Main Activities Are
- Support and facilitate the continuous improvement of the Risk Management Framework at CIB level on all non-financial risks (operational, conduct, fraud, third party, compliance, regulatory)
- Produce periodic and ad hoc reports on Recommendations, Past Due Annual Review of Counterparties Credit Files, Historical or Potential Incidents, Conduct metrics and Mandatory Trainings to facilitate operational risk reporting to CIB Top Management (CCCOs, CIB Executive Management)
- Alert the management to key indicators analyzed that do not comply with Group and CIB guidelines and external obligations
- Analyze and monitor the recommendations issued by Internal & External Auditors and Regulators and allocate to the appropriate business line, process and risk according to the Group and CIB taxonomies
- Analyze internal Audit reports and Group Procedures to produce executive summaries for CIB Top Management and CIB community
- Coordinate, support users, manage accesses, monitor traffic, promote and improve specific CIB tools (CCCO SharePoint; MyProcedures(byCIB), Individual Conduct and Control Evaluation)
- Analyze and reconcile data, perform controls, investigate root causes of issues and escalate inconsistencies;
- Act as a representative of CIB CCCO Central team towards the CIB first Level Of Defence community, ensure the coordination between teams, data providers and IT and a timely response to their requests
- Assist CIB CCCO Central Paris team in delivering the projects, in process automation, simplification and enhancement of dashboards
- Contribute to the preparation of the Steering, Executive and Operational Committees.
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Business Management, Economics, Finance, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in Risk Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly with Excel
- Expertise in Tableau, VBA or Power BI (preferably)
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to synthetize and understand complex projects and processes
- Knowledge of data management (data integrity, consistency, ownership)
- Fluency in English, with French being a plus
- Excellent communication skills up to senior management level
- Strong organizational skills, with ability for multitasking
- Autonomy and ability to collaborate with others
About the Team
- CCCO Central acts, on behalf of the CIB Chief Conduct and Control Officer (CCCO) as a liaison between the second lines of defense (RISK ORM and Compliance) and the regional and business lines CCCOs of CIB in all their projects in regards with the management of non-financial risk (including regulatory, compliance, business process, conduct)
- CCCO Central ensures that CIB controls regulatory objectives are met, Permanent Control and Group policy impacts are properly coordinated and guided, CIB implication in Supervisory affairs is properly monitored and transversal initiatives are fully reviewed in light of permanent control
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.