PT Compliance HUB Compliance Review Control Officer
- Standard / Permanent
About the job
- The mission of the Compliance Review Control Officer is to ensure that Compliance operates effectively in line with RISK Operational Risks management & Permanent Control standards, as well as contribute to the Compliance risks servicing the Chief Compliance officers and Operational perimeters by testing & challenging the end-to-end set up performing the second line of defense testing on Compliance
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure control execution (remotely or on site) including its applicability and quality; the controls should be performed efficiently ensuring that deadlines are met
- Contribute/perform 4 eyes check on the controls executed and perform follow-ups ensuring that Action Plans are duly implemented and coping with deadlines
- Deal with significant issues and escalations requiring Management attention and propose solution(s) be capable to work autonomously in the controls under the scope
- Keep a good level of communication between locations and any contributor to continually improve the effectiveness of the current framework
- Leverage on the knowledge and experience acquired to efficiently share training and ways to work with new colleagues and other team members
- Identify and escalate issues according to defined procedures. Particularly, inform management of all significant and urgent compliance matters that require such escalation
- Present results to Senior Management, Business stakeholders and Compliance Officers assisting also in the design and preparation of periodic Management reports and dashboards for senior management and the business and filing the team KPIs (e.g. progression files)
- Contribute proactively to the creation, implementation and update of SOPs; TORs or other Procedures
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor degree in Law / Economics / Finance and/or Accounting
- Up to 2 years of experience in Compliance / Risk and/or Controls
- Advanced level of English, both oral and written
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Analytical ability
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.