PT Compliance Hub – AML L2 Officer (French Speaker)
- Standard / Permanent
About the job
- The AML L2 Officer performs an initial review of alerts escalated by AML L1, followed by more in-depth investigations for alerts that warrant an in-depth investigation. AML L2 Officers can make a decision either to close a case (subject to a 4-eyes review) or escalate to AML L3 Local Compliance Teams those cases which may warrant the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports or in any case indicate conduct which appears to sit outside the Group’s risk appetite
Your Main Activities Are
- Deliver a timely and efficient investigation of alerts escalated by AML L1 by ensuring alerts are correctly prioritised by order of date or risk category and by handling the alerts efficiently, working effectively with internal stakeholders to obtain all relevant information
- Conduct diligent desktop research to assess relevant data for each alert which will often include KYC, payment details, account activity, clients’ counterparts’ business activity, records of counterparts’ owners and directors, location and choice of payment vehicle
- Write and think clearly and succinctly to produce cogent and incisive investigation reports. The investigation reports should allow the reader to understand the logic of the investigator’s assessment of risks, the conclusions to close or escalate the case and to easily link the investigators’ findings to the evidence collated by the investigator
- Keep updated on developments around the world and locally in the market concerned so as to make intelligent assessments in a broad range of cases whether the payment flows give reason to suspect any type of financial crime, whether this be money laundering, tax evasion, sanctions circumvention, bribery & corruption, financing of terrorist activity or other types of criminal activity
- Contribute to the team’s organisation and coherence by facilitating discussions within the team (e.g., at morning meetings)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and tools by identifying and measuring process inefficiencies or tool deficiencies, escalating these so that proposed changes can be assessed and sharing bet practice with other AML L2 and Compliance Hub Teams
Profile and Skills to Success
- High school
- Advanced level of English and French, both written and oral
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Ability to deliver / results driven
- Decision making
- Ability to collaborate / teamwork
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services.
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional client.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.