Project Management Officer
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About the job
- The Mission of the Project Management Officer is to perform Project Portfolio Management Office tasks, support management and project managers in consolidating, reporting and controlling key project portfolio information. The PMO fulfils a variety of functions on a day-to-day basis, including the gathering data about project progress and producing reports, developing PM standards and processes and encouraging (or enforcing where necessary) the use of those standards and processes
Your Main Activities Are
- Design, implement and run the appropriate framework to manage a portfolio of projects
- Verify project tracking, control and reporting: monitor the management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, tracking budget, change control and regular reporting
- Provide materials, input and facilitate governance, dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation from project team members to senior sponsors or internal communication teams
- Provide project support to selected projects, including aspects such as set up of the project governance, project launch, RAID management, ensuring that the methodology is followed appropriately for the project, preparation of SteerCo materials and minutes, management of project gate approvals and closure
- Facilitate capacity planning across a portfolio of projects; provide support where needed and communicate resource allocation challenges
- Help on deliverables on projects, including contributing, whenever required, to the origination, framing and execution of projects within the portfolio
- Own, maintain and communicate the standard project methodology (including templates when applicable)
- Design, implement, manage and continuously improve the framework and tools to collect, centralise and report on projects to key internal stakeholders
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic degree in Business Management
- Professional experience in project Management and Consulting
- Fluency in English
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Critical mindset
- Great attention to detail
- Good analytical ability
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.