Prime Brokerage Relationship Manager – Late Shift
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure seamless delivery of Corporate Actions, Margin calls and resolution of client financing issues
- Margins: Analyze & review major margin swings, oversight of margin call issuance, ensure it’s covered by clients in timely manner
- Corporate Actions: Resolution of queries related to upcoming CA events, paid and accrued dividends & coupon events. Timely receipt of elections on CA events
- Cash management: Oversight of wire processing and manage funding requirements/cash break resolution with clients
- Swaps Resets: Ensure timely agreement and settlement of financing & Equity reset cash flows especially for top tier clients
- New Market access: Liaise with internal team & clients on documentation and setup
- Reporting: Client queries on reports and customization
- All administrator queries excluding trade management (Non ops nature of queries)
- Operations oversight and technology development assistance
- Client reviews: Periodic calls & meetings
- Perform certain level-1 controls and ensure resolution/escalation of issues
- Develop sound understanding of regulatory changes within the industry impacting clients/business
- Conduct and Development
- Ethical conduct and decisions are expected in the role
- A conscientious attitude to clients, work and BNPP
- Respecting fundamental risk concepts. Always consider risk in daily activities and abide by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and GM Principles and Guidelines
- Understand the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions and relationships
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
- Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelors Master’s in Finance, Science, Maths, IT & Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in the finance industry
- Strong knowledge of the Office tools mainly Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Availability to work in late shift from 2pm to 11pm and/or 4pm to 01am
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), comfortable working and communicating with various groups including sales, trading, technology, legal and client management
- Attention to detail – Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under considerable pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Client focus
- Able to work in teams
- Ability to manage and meet challenging targets
- Resilience and stress resistance
- A basic understanding of hedge fund industry and the operational aspects of equity markets is a plus
About the Team
- The role proposed is covering two of them, Prime Solutions and Financing and FXLM.COMM. The successful candidate will work directly with the US teams of these two business lines located in NY
- Prime Solutions & Financing combines the historical strength in traditional Prime Brokerage services providing the following business offering (Financing, Prime Brokerage Services, Risk Management and Execution) – top rated in Securities Lending, Client Service, Capital Introduction and more – with the innovative DNA of the GECD franchise. This combination allows us to anticipate client needs and develop solutions to the problems they face
- Foreign Exchange, Local Markets and Commodity Derivatives are three dynamic businesses which share certain characteristics: client focused, an international markets dimension, and have experienced significant volatility and regulatory impact. On these businesses, the trajectory is in the direction of greater electronification, greater solutions provided to clients, more focus on conduct and regulatory requirements, and the need for innovation
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.