Prime Brokerage Funding & Payments EMEA Analyst
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATION PROCESSING
About the job
- In the course of Prime Brokerage activities, our funding and payments analyst/associates are responsible for ensuring all aspects of transaction management (settlement and margin), for Prime Brokerage clients, are completed in due time, all exceptions are resolved, clients’ inquiries are addressed and provided with subject matter expertise towards our clients. Across product client facing role that requires extensive client interaction together with various global internal teams per demand
Your Main Activities Are
- Accountable for end-to-end transaction management lifecycle for their respective client coverage
- Trade capture, settlement exceptions, OTC and cash management
- Collaborate with various internal teams, such as trade processing, pre-matching, settlement and margin to process transactions and resolve any exceptions on a timely manner
- Respond and resolve client inquiries on a timely manner
- Perform root cause analysis for respective clients in order to increase straight through process flows
- Establish and maintain relationships with high profile hedge fund clients.
- Work as part of the global team performing follow the sun hand offs to ensure a smooth global coverage for global clients
- Partner with account management teams to help on changing client behaviours where required to smother processes
- Collaborate with technology/support team to help identify internal and external facing technology improvement opportunities
- Deep understanding of UK client asset protection (CASS) and AMF custody rules (derived from MiFID)
- Contribute in all control plan protocols according to the local operational risk policies
- The analyst/associate will be allocated to the below areas of operation, although to be cross-trained end-to-end at one point of his/her mandate
- Cash Management
- Accountable for funding for all transactions performed by the business line
- Respond to and resolve client wires requests on a timely manner
- Perform root cause analysis for their respective clients to increase straight through process and reduce frequency of inquiries.
- Monitoring daily workflow queue
- Over-The-Counter (OTC) – Listed Derivatives
- Master the PB workflow for OTC and listed derivatives
- Resolve LD breaks
- Understand the product to answer client’s inquiries, confirm proceeds with BO and clients
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree
- Global Markets knowledge and practices
- Excellent grasp and understanding of trade lifecycle
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and dynamic, evolving environment
- Show enthusiasm, initiative and diligence
- Strong team spirit, client focus mind-set and collaborative mind-set
- Rigorous and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate strong time management/prioritization skills and solid judgment to meet deadlines/cut-offs
- Compliant with local guidance and conformity policies
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent (C1-C2) English level required, both written and spoken
About the Team
- Prime Brokerage (PB) business is part of Prime Solution and Financing, one of the Global Markets business lines, aiming to provide a combined offer, a hedge fund one-stop shopping for brokerage and banking products with a concierge service to clear, settle, and manage collateral requirements. These services include: securities settlement, custody, listed derivatives clearing, OTC, securities lending, cash funding, risk calculation and margin financing, integrated reporting, portfolio accounting, corporate action management and order management
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.