Operational Permanent Control Senior Officer – Wealth Management PIMH Team
- Standard / Permanent
- PERMANENT CONTROL
About the job
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management (WM) has a competences center in Lisbon named the Portugal International Markets Hub (“PIMH”). This center manages certain activities for the International Markets (“IM”) sites of BNPPWM namely Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany and Monaco
- Reporting directly to the Team Leader of Operational Permanent Control (OPC) PIMH, the main mission relates with the implementation of the Group policy of the Operational Permanent Control Framework (Management of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) related Processes, permanent control set-up & performance, follow-up of action plans, dynamic management of the Operational Risk Management, reporting) within the Business line Wealth Management International Markets
- Contribute to develop an uniform culture and framework Conduct across WM PIMH and to ensure that Conduct is effectively and efficiently embedded in all the activities
- Operational Risk Management by independently challenging the effectiveness of the operational control framework of the BNP Paribas’ PIMH activities
- The activities in scope by Wealth Management International Markets Business Line include credit support, cash payments, securities transfers, securities transactions, corporate actions, among other back office activities, as well as, transversal support activities such as middle office, IT and others
Your Main Activities Are
- Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- To identify and to assess risks of the business in order to define and to perform the adequate controls
- To follow-up risks, anomalies that were identified and remedial actions and to report achievements on a regular basis to operational managers
- Incidents management
- To participate in the identification and analysis of the incidents reported by the Business Managers and upload of historical incidents in the tool
- To define action plans with local experts, to implement and to follow-up them
- Findings, recommendations and permanent control actions
- To coordinate the follow-up and guarantee the implementation of audit recommendations and of Permanent Control Actions
- To report the implementation and to escalade when necessary
- Controls performance and procedures
- To adapt and contribute to the up-to-date of the procedures and control methodologies with 1st Line of Defence (LoD) and Generic Control Plans, procedures, new regulatory requirements, new products and/ or processes
- To perform the defined Key Surveillance Points (KSPs):
- The annual control plan – Generic Control Plan WM RISK ORC H.O.
- The specific controls related to activities within the scope
- The challenging and monitoring the results of the Managerial controls
- To ensure that control results are reviewed and analysed by the Entity Management and when relevant by operational teams / relevant stakeholders
- Organization and reports
- To contribute to disseminate a risk management culture and to support the business for the control and the knowledge of Operational Risk and Permanent Control (eg. conduct training sessions related to operational risk), as well, to contribute and to organize the validation of the regular reports at the local or the Group level
- To alert and escalate to the relevant level of management as well as to the relevant independent control functions any operational risk incident and/or any recurring weakness
- To contribute actively and participate in any Committee on Operational Risks and Permanent Control Committees
- To ensure the development of a uniform culture and framework Conduct across the WM PIMH and that Conduct is effectively and efficiently embedded in all the activities
- To guarantee the Risk Management: Methodology for assessing the criticality of Conduct anomalies of Controls and Incidents, supervision of the RCSA on the Conduct risks, training/awareness
- To contribute to the Conduct Board Committee WM IM and coordinate the organization of the Local Conduct Committee
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor degree in Economy, Finance or similar with experience in banking environment
- Understanding of the concept of Risk Management – Risk and Conduct oriented profile – and experience in the area of Operational Risk & Control
- Interest/ appetence or previous experience in Audit & Risk Management
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Good knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Fluent in English
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis with rigor delivering quickly and frequently high quality documents within deadlines
- Attention to detail, proactive and initiative capacities, reliability, autonomy and dynamism with strong organization skills
- Communication skills (orally and writing), open minded and team player
- Ability to build network working relationships with various stakeholders
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.