Market and Counterparty Risk Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
About the job
- RISK MFI Credit, Counterparty & Market Solutions Portugal facilitates the internal evolution of the risk management framework, prepare the roll-out of new market or counterparty risk metrics monitoring, studies the impact of regulation on market or counterparty risk capital requirements and overall implements change through dedicated projects in relation with other stakeholders from RISK MFI, RISK Systems team, the CIB Businesses and other group functions.
Your Main Activities Are
- The key responsibility of the role is to contribute to and take ownership for specific analysis required for the broad variety of projects and initiatives the team is in charge of, such as:
- Adapting our internal risk management framework to new regulatory requirements (Targeted Review of Internal Models, Counterparty Risk Standard Approach, French Banking Law & Volker Rule, …)
- The Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) and the analysis of its impact on market risk management and Capital charges
- The development of advanced tools to analyze and allocate trading revenues and market dynamics impacts (PnL Explain, Eligibility Tests, …)
- The revamping of our Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) framework
- The enhancement of our Stress Testing capabilities
- This role sitting in a strategic and pivotal team with the RISK Markets & Financial Institutions department will allow you to develop – by working alongside senior risk managers – key skills such as:
- An expertise across Market, Counterparty and Liquidity risks, with an acute understanding of financial markets and financial products (flow and derivatives)
- The ability to conduct in-depth technical analyses and to develop ad-hoc robust tools
- The capacity to render in a synthetic way complex results from a study to senior stakeholders and management
- Collaborating or leading impactful projects within a “Tier 1 Bank”
Profile and Skills to Success
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics, Computation Sciences or related discipline.
- Fluent level of English
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Focused and effective organiser, team player and smooth communicator able to synthetise and present information clearly and concisely to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to pinpoint key points of attention within a large data set
- Understands clients’ needs and values constructive and positive feedback
- Motivation to collaborate and share ideas and knowledge with team members
- Knowledge of computing programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Excel) (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of market risk management techniques is beneficial
- Inquisitive approach with a test and learn attitude to new concepts
- Delivery orientated mind-set with a drive for results that will inspire others
About the Team
- The mission of RISK Market & Financial Institutions (“RISK MFI”) is to provide the Senior Management of the Group, of the RISK Function and of Global Markets (“GM”) and of BP2S with full transparency and dynamic analysis and monitoring of market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks originated and managed by CIB and of credit risks on Financial Institutions in order to assist them in their risk decision making and monitoring. The mission of RISK MFI Platform is to support the monitoring of the risks above mentioned. Solutions within Platform contributes to framing the markets, credit and counterparty frameworks and infrastructure to support the decision making. Solutions ensure the consistency and efficiency of processes and approaches across MFI.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.