- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
About the job
- RISK Global Markets is responsible for monitoring, reporting and advising management about the market based activities of the Global Markets business. Since late 2020, the department has been organised with distinct streams dedicated to risk analysis, models & methodologies and services. The “Services” stream is responsible to provide a centralised risk management platform to the others with high quality monitored risk figures along with change management. The change management function is concentrated within a specific “Change” team that concentrates all the project management activities for the RISK Global Markets department.
- The Change team aims to follow best practises and integrate within the larger RISK organisation and the business lines adopting leadership or support roles accordingly, but with the key aim to represent the best interests of RISK Global Markets. The mission of the team is to “Lead, coordinate and execute change initiatives across the full RISK GM scope encompassing regulatory, risk management, industrialisation and transformational changes.”
- This specific role is located within the Change team and the scope of projects and initiatives includes Market Risk, Counterparty Risk and Liquidity Risk on all of the asset classes in our trading books (Equities, Rates, Commodities, FX, Credit and XVA, etc…).
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to and take ownership for specific analysis required for the broad variety of projects and initiatives the team is in charge of, such as:
- Adapting our internal risk management framework to new regulatory requirements (TRIM, SA-CCR, FBL/VR, …)
- The Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) and the analysis of its impact on market risk management and Capital charges
- The development of advanced tools to analyse and allocate trading revenues and market dynamics impacts (PnL Explain, Eligibility Tests, …)
- The revamping of our Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) framework
- The enhancement of our Stress Testing capabilities
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Finance / Maths / Economics or other related.
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral (mandatory)
- Experience in using MS Office tools (Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Previous experience and knowledge in Market Risk Management is a plus.
- IT Languages – Python
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Communication Skills – oral and written
- Creativity and Innovation / Problem solving
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.