kdb+/q Senior Developer
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the job
- BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific
- The Electronic Equites business provides clients execution services on over 100 markets in more than 30 countries worldwide. We provide the full spectrum of capabilities: from Sponsored or Direct Market Access to Smart Order Router and Algorithmic Execution. Technology is a key factor in the success of this business, hence we focus on a small number of technologies and platforms, each dedicated and optimised for a particular function to achieve best results. We look to build compact, flat and global teams, actively collaborating between each other and with the business. We are a team with engineering culture, we value hands-on technical skills at any level
- The kdb/q Engineer will join a globally distributed team developing a set of Data and Analytics applications. The applications are deployed across all markets in Americas, EMEA and APAC regions normalising our data capture, time series and analytical capabilities across regions. If you join the team, you will work on various development tasks depending on your skills and preferences
Your Main Activities Are
- Develop and support KDB market data ticker plant deployed worldwide
- Every day coding in KDB/q, C++/Python is a plus
- Face off to the business to understand requirements and translate it into design
- Work effectively in a flat compact and regionally distributed multi-skilled team
- Take end-to-end responsibility for delivery: working with other IT groups to define and deliver proper hardware infrastructure, deploy KDB components, work with Support teams to establish monitoring, etc
- Be heavily involved in architectural design discussions to help shape the strategic direction of the platform
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3 to 7+ years of software development
- Basic understanding of q language, KDB architecture and design best practices
- Understanding of financial services advantageous
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Excellent communications skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.