Investment Risk Specialist
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
- To be a reference point of the of the investment risk and modeling framework for the Senior Management onshore, also acting as backup or deputy of Team leader. Act as direct contact for internal clients, such as DPM (Discretionary Portfolio Management), advisors, RMs (Relationship Managers), OPC (Operational Permanent Control), Risk, etc., onshore. It is also expected to develop a close and cooperative relationship with such stakeholders. Becoming team reference in terms of coaching other team members, troubleshooting and the first escalation point
Your Main Activities Are
- Co-defining DPM and/or Advisory risk control framework, detecting areas of improvement and fostering with business stakeholders such as local heads of DPM and Advisory, as well as organizing and lead its Investment Risk Committees
- Act as a contact point for modelling structured products payoffs, issues regarding APT volatility and contribution to RfP, discussing and computing with business the most relevant risk metrics for each client (VaR, Sharpe Ratio, Estimated Return, Stress Test, among others)
- Assist head of department in adhoc queries, projects and initiatives that require direct contact with Senior Management, including new activities, remediations, IG, among others
- Act as deputy in managerial committees and meetings, upon request (ex: Service Level Review, Risk & Conduct Committee and Product Governance Committee)
- Lead the definition of risk budget levels for the DPM and/or Advisory (VaR limits), establishing methodology and conduct the necessary meetings with different stakeholders including Senior Management, business heads, compliance, among others
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics and Statistics
- At least 7 years of Experience in Banking and Financial Operations
- At least 3 years of Experience in Financial Analysis, Advisory and Risk and Controls
- Advanced proficiency in Financial Markets (Transversal Financial Markets)
- Proficiency in Wealth Advisory (Financial Management & Asset Allocation)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Pack (MS Excel)
- Proficiency in Data Viz Blending Analytics Power BI
- Proficiency in Financial Information Bloomberg
- Fluent in English
- Ability to manage a meeting, seminar, committee, training, among others
- Client focused
- Critical thinking
- Creativity & Innovation (problem solving)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.