Internal Auditor – Inspection Générale
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
- We are looking for highly talented and motivated professionals to evaluate and optimise BNP Paribas activities as part of one of the Group’s most prestigious functions
- The Iberian Peninsula Internal Audit Hub is part of BNP Paribas Inspection Générale (IG), and carries out audit assignments on all the activities of the Group both in Spain and in Portugal
- IG is a key part of the Bank’s internal control framework as it helps local organisations accomplish their objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to improve their risk assessment, control and governance processes
- The Audit Department located in Portugal (Lisbon – Colombo) is currently recruiting Auditors to join its fast-growing team
- The assignments carried out by the Department can target any BNP Paribas activity present in Portugal and are normally organised in teams of 3-4 Auditors along with a Head of Assignment. Audit assignments usually last between 2-4 months each. For Auditors willing to travel, there will be several opportunities to participate in missions jointly with the Spanish team or with other foreign Audit Hubs including IG Central teams
Your Main Activities Are
- As Auditor, your main responsibility will be to carry out independent and objective analyses of processes in order to
- Guarantee compliance with the Group’s strategy and regulatory requirements
- Evaluate the risk control framework
- Assess the quality of the governance in place
- Issue findings and recommendations to mitigate the risks, enhance performance and achieve the Group’s objectives
Profile and Skills to Success
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Consultancy firm or Big 4
- Previous Audit experience is a significant plus
- Master’s or Post-graduate degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Audit or Law is preferable and/or demonstrated experience in at least one of the domains
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Fluent level in English both spoken and written
- Data Analytics expertise is appreciated
- Ability to work in a team in a stimulating and demanding environment
- Excellent adaptability, intellectual curiosity and autonomy skills
- Rigor and methodological discipline
- Capacity to question, analyse, synthesize and structure information
- Ability to listen and communicate efficiently
- Ability to lead interviews
- Critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Good writing skills
About the Team
For the right candidate, an experience within Inspection Générale could be a career booster and a fast-track towards roles with higher responsibilities within BNP Paribas. Indeed, in just 3 years, your participation to multiple assignments in contact with the Group’s Top Management will quickly provide you with a wide-reaching and critical understanding of the Group’s activities, how they are interconnected and the challenges they encompass. This will also allow you to rapidly grow your network within the Bank
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.