Institutional Credit Analyst – Senior Profile
- Standard / Permanent
- PROJECT & TRANSFORMATION MANAGEMENT
About the job
- As part of Financial Institutions Coverage within Global Banking, Institutional Credit Analysts Team (ICAT) is in charge of credit analyses of all institutional clients, intragroup entities, sovereigns, and market infrastructures
- In this scope, ICAT is responsible for completing the credit analyses of financial institutions and Securities Services clients (including due diligence when necessary), in particular, ensuring that credit analyses and recommendations are provided in due time for banks, insurers, sovereigns, brokers, other non-bank financial institutions, pensions funds, funds, regulated funds, funds of hedge funds, agency arrangements and asset managers
- ICAT performs credit analyses and provides credit recommendations to Credit Committees, Transaction Approval Committees when the credit opinion on a specific counterparty is required, other RISK entities, Business Units or functions in response to general enquiries, or to Portfolio Review committees
- ICAT guarantees the selection and the follow-up of counterparties considered Doubtful, are on the Watch List or sensitive list, accurately evaluates the level of provisioning, guarantees the quality of credit files and portfolios (notably by complying with regulatory framework e.g. Basel III requirements, including credit policies, rating policies and other Group guidelines), maintains a network of industry contacts and performs on site due diligence, develops local market intelligence by performing on-the-desk research (financial statement analysis, monitoring of published research), while guaranteeing the availability of local market information and views on risk issues are communicated swiftly and effectively.
- ICAT is a main partner for the Senior Credit Officers and Coverage for the clients falling under the financial institution credit process and is also in constant interaction with other business lines
Your Main Activities Are
- Institutional Credit Analysis
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the counterparties/groups under own responsibility, while developing market intelligence through all available sources of credit, economic, and financial information
- Coordinate with the Coverage and Métiers the credit risk assessment of the counterparties, including any material transaction or risk information provided by the Relationship Manager Pilot or the Binome
- Ensuring that the counterparty data management is conducted well, namely on-boarding, collection of documents, and commensurate limits update
- Credit Proposal
- Following the credit risk analysis, timely prepare the Credit Proposal capturing the recommendations for delegation holders, commensurate with the risk appetite and Coverage commercial strategy, in compliance with Bank’s guidelines
- Formalise the credit decision proposal in the internal credit workflow tool
- Present the proposals to the delegation holders and/or credit committees for decision
- Participate to due diligences in collaboration with Coverage and Métiers
- Manage the annual review process, and simple ad-hoc requests on own portfolio
- Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting
- Continuously monitor the portfolio of counterparties under own responsibility, jointly with Credit Risk Control, monitoring excesses, anticipating risks, and detecting any credit issues that may require a specific review
- Contribute to periodic and ad-hoc portfolio review and risk reporting for counterparties under scope
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Proficient level of technical and soft skills and communication aptitude to coach the new joiners to the team
- Peer review the Credit Proposals of Institutional Credit Analysts and colleagues
- Take the lead on project that have a direct or partial impact on team’s activities
Profile and Skills to Success
- Masters (or higher) in Economics, Finance or Banking
- At least 4 years or more in a similar role
- Advanced level of English, both written and oral
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills, both oral and written
- Adaptability and proactivity, coupled with a creative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to train and onboard new team members
- Self-driven, organised, rigorous and reliable
- Strong interest and familiarity with risk management best practices, financial markets and economic developments
- Ability to autonomously run/contribute to meetings, projects, seminars, committees or training
- Good understanding and awareness of the regulatory framework for financial institutions is desirable
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.