ICT – Operational Risk Officer – French Speaker
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
- Acting at the second line of defense (2LoD) for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) operational risks is responsible for supporting RISK ORM management in the development and implementation of the ICT risk management framework, identify the key technology risks of the Bank and to influence Businesses, Functions and technology partners to make sound risk management decisions
Your Main Activities Are
- Assist in the review, analysis and challenge of the ICT risk management framework and in particular the norms and standards, consistently with RISK ORM guidelines, and validate any exemption to these norms & standards, namely the ICT Risk and Control plans definition
- Challenge and verify on the first line of defense (1LoD) risk identification, ensure the consistency of potential incidents quantification, conduct independent ICT risk assessment (incident review, post mortem analysis), and validate closure of permanent control actions (controls implemented by 1LoD)
- Assist in overseeing the risk treatment process (risk acceptance, risk transfer, risk remediation) performed by the BNP Paribas Entities and their Departments, jointly participate to co-decision Committees (e.g. Change Management, New Activity, New Process, Vendor, Emergent Technologies) and/or share opinion on the ICT risks exposure with RISK ORM and 1LoD Management. Oversight the action plans defined to mitigate risk and to implement the Internal Audit, Regulators and other IT/Security authorities conclusions and recommendations
- Conduct independent testing and challenge on 1LoD (IT and operations) controls and oversight/perform 2LOD tests/vulnerability scans when required
- Assist to identify the main ICT risks priorities, clarify/ define the approach to perform the work aligned with BNP Paribas framework, manage relationship with stakeholders, and ensure deliverables agreed
- Support BNP Paribas Management and the RISK stakeholders on incidents and crisis management (e.g. security events, data leakage); to alert on critical points for attention to be raised to RISK Management
- Assist in promoting and driving awareness on ICT risks; to assist in organizing risk meetings, forums and committees with community members
Profile and Skills to Success
- At least 3 years of experience in audit, IT and/or risk and controls fields
- Fluent in English and French, both oral and written
- Ability to deliver and results driven
- Attention to detail and rigor
- Internal Audit knowledge
- Knowledge of IT Risk and Cyber Security
- Risk Management knowledge
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.