- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
About the job
The OE role will be global in scope, focused on GM Operations, with particular emphasis on: (COCE #3) Transaction Processing, (#7) Prime Brokerage, (#8) Derivatives Execution & Clearing, (#4) Collateral and Securities Processing, and (#5) Transversal Services.
Your Main Activities Are
- Management of the team (up to 10 people)
The Head of OE for GM Operations would have (1) strategic managerial responsibility helping to define the target operating model for the relevant Operations streams, with (2) direct supervisory oversight of the relevant quant functions within GM Quant Research.
- Partnering with GM Operations management to analyse and prioritise critical issues
- Designing of automated solutions to address the most critical issues systematically
- Clear articulation of priorities and book of work for dedicated OE team of engineers
- Technical and supervisory oversight of OE team comprising the engineers (up to 10)
- Agile delivery of automated tools and reports addressing the critical issues
- Partnering with IT to industrialise the above agile OE tools where appropriate
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master or PhD in Engineering
- Programming experience
- Extensive experience of Global Markets
- Strong product knowledge (fixed income, equities, derivatives)
- Strong business data and end-to-end process knowledge
- Strong communication skills, including to senior management
- Proven record of developing relationships, diplomatic and consultative style
- Proven people management track record including HR issues
- Self-reliant, results oriented with very strong analytical skills
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills
- Experience in handling complex high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage, and develop understanding of, systems and data architecture
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills as well as reporting capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Pro-active management, escalating issues as necessary
- Creative, innovative, pro-active and convincing in terms of finding solutions
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics
- Team player & cross cultural awareness – works effectively in a team
- Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues
- Creates an environment that stimulates open dialogue and values differences of opinion
- Client focus – sees stakeholders as well as external clients as “customers”
- Manages with commitment and leads by example
- Fluency in English is mandatory
About the Team
The purpose of the OE team is to (1) analyse and optimise existing processes of GM Operations, with the intention of making them more robust and efficient through automation, and (2) creating automated processes where they are currently lacking, including for control and regulatory requirements.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal Present in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialized financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.