Head of Application Support for Wealth Management Europe
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the job
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management purpose: Together with our clients, we are building a sustainable and harmonious future. The acceleration of our world creates complexity, but it also creates new opportunities to act on and improve it. In a more fragmented world where the magnitude of one’s action is amplified; education and sustainability are key to ensure collective happiness and longevity. Our mission io to empower the decision making of those who can influence, change and improve the world. Our bank must become more than a bank
- Part of BNPP Wealth Management, the candidate will be in charge of a team (about 25 people) handling L1/L2 Application Support on the whole scope of WM application for Europe users
Your Main Activities Are
- The candidate must ensure that
- His / her team has the required skills & backup plan in place
- His / her team is strictly respecting bank policies, procedures & security guidelines
- All production deliverables are aligned with bank standards and best practice
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 10 years of IT experience, with at least 3 years in IT Production and 2 years in Management
- Good understanding of application architecture & batch processing
- Hands-on experience or technical knowledge with banking technical ecosystems : SQL, Linux, Windows / Tomcat, WebSphere, MQ, Kafka, Oracle, PostreSQL, Kubernetes
- Familiar with ITIL
- English fluency
- Team management skills
- Client focus & stakeholder management
- Active listening
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving attitude
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in an international environment with European teams
- Ability to develop and adapt a process
- Ability to develop others & improve their skills
- Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
About the Team
- Your team responsibilities are
- Monitoring the smooth implementation of processing according to the production plan
- Resolution, workaround, or mitigation of incidents in respect of IT Group SLA
- Crisis Management (supervision of operations, communication, problem resolution)
- Regular follow up with business stakeholders on service level and incidents priorities
- Maintenance & Enrichment of knowledge databases
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.