- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
About the job
In the EMEA Finance organization, the Subject Matter Streams – Capital Markets Products (SMS-CMP) department ensure an accurate, reliable and comprehensive set of segmented financial data required for the production of all Reporting streams in relation with Capital Markets Business Lines.
BNP Paribas' Global Markets business operates in the Global Interest Rates, Credit, Currency, Equity and Commodity markets. With a broad range of products and advisory services, we help our global franchise of clients find effective financing solutions, and efficient ways to manage their risks and assets. This client base comprises hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, governments and supranational organizations.
Your Main Activities Are
- Production of the monthly (weekly/daily) business Balance sheet and of all liquidity / regulatory ratios
- Contribution in the monthly closing, ensuring data quality and accuracy for Finance department of the Group and CIB Management
- Documentation of all controls to be performed within Finance Department
- Follow up of the liquidity consumption with the production team of GM Resources Team members within the Front-Office team in Lisbon (daily)
- Implementation of any new regulatory reporting
- Process enhancement for both IT or operational production
- Design and implementation of tactical tools for Liquidity reportings
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree in Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or Business Management
- Previous experience of at least 6 years ideally in a finance department, with contact with liquidity topics being a strong plus
- Good knowledge of Global Markets products and of a Balance Sheet is mandatory
- Experience translating complex financial data to senior management, in an easy to understand manner, is a strong plus
- Knowledge of Financial, Management and Banking Accounting is a strong plus
- Knowledge of CRD IV and Basel 3 is a plus
- Working experience in a fast paced international environment is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools is mandatory
- IT Sensitivity is a strong plus
- Team player
- Interpersonal communication and presentation
- Client focus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Fluency in English is mandatory with domain of French being a plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 72 countries, with around 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal Present in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.