Fresh BMS – Senior IT Business Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the job
· BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment, strongly positioned in its three key operating divisions – Corporate & Institutional Banking, Commercial, Personal Banking & Services and Investment & Protection Services – and present worldwide with 184.000 employees across 64 locations. Established in Portugal since 1985, with a presence in Lisbon and Porto and more than 8.000 employees, BNP Paribas is the leading European bank in the country for corporate, institutional and private clients.
· FRESH is an IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions that brings together a community of 1.600 experts coming from Finance, RISK and IT backgrounds, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market
· It is a new worldwide organizational model that contributes to tackle major challenges of Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offer for Finance and RISK community through a progressive rotation towards new technologies and best practices
· FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams. FRESH is part of the ITG organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship by ITG, Finance and RISK (CIB-ITO; RISK Solutions and ITG-FIT)
· The team acts in close proximity with end users, providing services and means to fulfill short term requirements, to prototype, test and learn around innovation, to improve adequation between processes and their related systems, and to monitor production on a daily basis and support users especially on closing periods
· We implement solutions in an agile way of working to face short term requirements that cannot be covered in due time by existing industrialized systems. We coordinate activities to address needs covered by generic/transversal solution
· This position wil allow you to improve your financials and accounting skills and give you end to end visibility of the bank activities. You will develop deep knowledge on our systems in Finance and Reporting. You will be able to reinforce your management project skills. You will be able to evolve through others functional or IT activities inside FRESH, IT GROUP or more ever through Risk and Finance area
Your Main Activities Are
· Ensuring technical and functional architectures are compliant and other hand evolve them regarding complexity of new needs
· Maintain and evolve our service offer to be online with our customers’ requirements. In this context you will industrialize services proposing secure and improve actions
· Be our expert to identify impacts related our news financial interfaces between Operating System and accounting
· Give the sign off and/or propose new solution in agreement with our architecture’s features
· Be the key point of contact for the Finance team and also inside ITG FRESH organization in case of issue due to accounting environments interpretation. You challenge requests to improve service customer quality
· Collect and translate users’ needs to in case of application impacts. You ensure test, the development coordination and implementation done by Inetum
· Attendee in some committee (Kick off, NCA, SFO) lead by Finance and Strategy to validate interpretation architecture. It consist for major cases to check that new/update flows are in a good channel and good application chain.
· Take in charge new business requirements come from Finance and Strategy. Most of them is to implement CFT connectivity between SO and our application.
· Ensure user support and assistance by treated requests workflow
Profile and Skills to Success
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, IT, Accounting or Finance;
· Relevant professional experience in Finance and/or IT.
· Relevant experience as a Business Analyst/ Functional analyst
· Knowledge of Business/IT relationship
· Capacity to collaborate in a project
· Capacity to manage a budget
· Capacity to be organized
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in English. Both written and spoken
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process