Financial Controller for Transfer Pricing
- Standard / Permanent
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
About the job
- Transfer Pricing (“TP”) refers to the price for cross-border transactions of goods and services between two or more entities of BNP Paribas. In other words, TP is the price for intra-group transactions between entities located in different tax jurisdictions
- Within BNP Paribas, Global Market (“GM”) activities are organized according to a “Global Trading” model, in which trading, sales, structuring and support functions occur in different sites where BNP Paribas entities are located; thus, leading to the calculation of a transfer price for the remuneration of each function involved in the generation of the GM revenues
- Within the Group Finance and Strategy department, Global Markets Transfer Pricing (“GM TP”) is a central team responsible for redistributing revenues and costs to the 65 GM jurisdictions according to their contribution to the global trading business, hence ensuring the correct taxable profits in each location
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensuring the permanent documentation pertaining to his/her perimeter is exhaustive and up to date; this includes the TP agreements and TP methodologies, with the close collaboration of the Tax Department
- Assisting the Tax Department in the implementation of new methodologies when deemed necessary
- Contributing to the GM Finance closing process by computing revenues and costs and producing TP notifications and invoices
- Producing all necessary audit trails to support his/her TP invoices, to be provided to the entities and in case of audit
- Providing all necessary explanations to the Global Markets jurisdictions under his/her perimeter of responsibilities
- Implementing and performing controls to secure the production process
Profile and Skills to Success
- At least 3 years of experience in management control, accounting or financial audit positions, and you are genuinely interested in gaining competences in financial market activities
- Have a continuous improvement mindset, constantly seeking for new experiment and opportunities to improve the processes under your responsibility, to learn, acquire new skills/competences
- Open to new working practises and able to work in a challenging environment
- Interested in IT – driven topics to support the ongoing automation of TP processes, and Python/VBA knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office pack (Excel and PowerPoint in particular)
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Be Rigorous
- Have good analytical skills
- Be Curious
- Autonous and proactive
- Good presentation and communication
- Good organisation skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.