Finance Regulatory Reporting & Accounts Payable Officer
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About the job
- Under the responsibility of the local Financial Accounting and Reporting Team Leader based in Lisbon Office, the Finance Regulatory Reporting & Accounts Payable officer will perform the following activities
Your Main Activities Are
- International Reporting & IFRS9
- Monitoring of consolidated and non-consolidated entities within the perimeter, from an accounting and permanent control point of view
- Be the person responsible to maintain the referential database of Group entities for Reporting
- Analyze and consolidate the Expected Credit Losses according to IFRS 9 accounting requirements on a quarterly basis and report to Group Finance
- Guarantee the quality of Financial Statements and internal controls performed at Local level
- Act as interlocutor between the Group and all the business lines, in all the tasks/requirements performed during the year
- Ensure the application of Group and the Business line procedures
- Ensure the existence of up-to-date procedures and controls to cover all activities under the scope of responsibility
- Accounts Payable
- Collect all the necessary accruals to be monthly booked and perform the necessary controls
- Collect all the necessary information regarding intangible assets to be booked and perform the necessary controls
- Provide all the necessary information from the system to the cost center owners
- Perform the calculation of the HO invoices to each WM beneficiary and send it to the team in charge of the issuance
- Perform all the necessary controls and reconciliations related to general expenses for the business line
- Support the update and implementation of procedures and controls to cover all activities under the scope of responsibility
- Support the Accounts Payable tool monthly accounts certification, providing the detail whenever necessary
- Accounts Payable tool Administrator role, providing the necessary users support
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Knowledge in Finance & Budget – Accounting
- Knowledge in Finance & Budget – Rules & Norms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English
- Organisational skills
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Attention to detail/rigor
- Analytical Ability
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.