ESG Analyst – Internship
- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About the job
- With a presence in 78 countries and nearly 190,000 employees, including more than 145,000 in Europe, BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a first-class player on a global scale. CIB (Corporate & Institutional Banking) is an international core business with important platforms in Paris, Lisbon, London, Hong Kong, New York, Tokyo and Singapore
- The Trainee will join the CIB CSR Analysis & Expertise (A&E) team. The Team has a global mandate within CIB and has a dual location: Lisbon and Paris. The Team is responsible for providing analysis & advisory services to CIB’s business teams in relation to the application of BNP Paribas’ ESG risk assessment framework to corporate clients and transactions
Your Main Activities Are
- Assist in the environmental & social (E&S) due diligence and advice for sensitive transactions and clients
- Assist in the preparation of internal & external reporting
- Assist in the development of training and communication materials
- Assist in the update of internal guidelines, tools & supporting documents
- Assist in the implementation within CIB of other sustainability initiatives to which the Bank is a party and in the evolution of such initiatives with other financial institutions
- Research on other E&S initiatives and matters
Profile and Skills to Success
- Student (or recent graduate) from a Scientific / Engineering academic degree, ideally complemented with a research project linked to Sustainability
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Autonomy and ability to take initiative
- Strong ability to synthesize
- Fluent in English
- IT Skills (fully computer literate including mastering – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web browser)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.