- Employment contract
- Job / Mission
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Your Main Activities Are
- Responsible for assisting the valuation of products under perimeter (Flow / Structured & Custom products)
- Responsible for assisting the set-up of new client trades in the valuation tool, as well as the validation of accurate valuations on a daily basis
- Help addressing client requests relayed by Client Service, Sales or Collateral Management teams pertaining to valuations
- Being capable of analyzing and explaining the performance of a product
- With the objective of enhancing client satisfaction, automation and scalability the Secondary Trader should embrace the tasks holistically, helping improving the quality, speed and accuracy of valuation production both in small touches and through larger projects
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Economics or Bachelor degree with relevant experience
- Must have a good understanding of options trading and pricing
- Good knowledge of Equities Derivatives
- Fluency in English is mandatory, French is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel; VBA is a plus
- Fast learner
About the Team
- Within the Equity and Derivatives (EQD), the Secondary Trader (SCOPE trading: Secondary Client Offer & Post Trade) is responsible for valuation, set up and performance explanation of all Secondary Exotic & Flow products. Being part of a Front Office team with a unique and strategic position, dealing with a large range of products and clients (Corporate and Institutional). The Secondary Trader works closely with different teams within EQD business line, in particular with Sales and Traders
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.