- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
About the job
Global Markets Quantitative Research is responsible for research, design, development and support of innovative financial models and tools for the BNPP Global Market activities globally. This Front Office department is cross-asset covering Equity, Interest Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange products.
This role focuses on the lifecycle and support of our Machine Learning models. The responsibilities are fulfilled through close collaboration with the Global Markets Data & AI Lab, as well as with sales desks and various Front office IT teams.
The role will be fully integrated in the CIB Analytics Consulting DevOps Team who provides machine learning solutions for several departments of the bank.
The role will be in Lisbon, Portugal working within a team of finance professionals supporting BNPP CIB market activities globally. The role will include projects and tasks worked on in collaboration with team members in Paris/London/New York/Singapore and Frankfurt.
Your Main Activities Are
The DevOps Developer will be developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) to optimize our time to market. He/she will work on Web and Machine Learning projects and software solutions developed internally, working hand in hand with our team of Data Scientists and Project Leaders. He/she will also be required to implement the Application Performance Management platform through application log management, viewing production exceptions or telemetry. Finally, he/she will be able to participate in the automation of integration tests.
· Design and implement a continuous integration pipeline based on Jenkins
· Design and implement continuous integration jobs using Docker, Docker-composing and Kubernetes
· Automate the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools
· Work with the development team to parameterize Sonar to assess code quality.
· Review and develop against business requirements
· Be an active member of the Development Team to contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
· Contribute to define and disseminate development best practices and use continuous integration practices
· Ensure proper usage of state-of-the-art frameworks and advising on other architecture solutions & technologies
· Build efficient, testable and reusable components
Profile and Skills to Success
· Master’s degree or higher degree in Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field
· Experienced DevOps Developer (3+ years minimum experience).
· Experience on continuous integration and deployment process using Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory and BitBucket (3+ years minimum experience).
· Writing skills (Ansible).
· Knowledge in container platforms e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
· Knowledge with command line Unix/Linux
· Knowledge with continuous integration tools (pref. Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git, Sonar, Artifactory)
· Knowledge with configuration management tools (pref. Ansible or equivalent)
· Understanding accessibility and security compliance (User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments)
· Fluent English
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.