Business Intelligence Analyst
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCE ACCOUNTS AND MANAGEMENT CONTROL
#Capital Markets, #FX Payments, #Digital, #Client Engagement
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others) We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- The purpose of the role is to Drive the Business Intelligence for FX+, including (but not limited to) reporting on the activity, tracking of the business case, management of the Revenue Sharing Agreements, pricing and booking models enhancements, business development and tracking of the operational quality
- Monitor the FX Payments activity and the revenue sharing
- Monitor activity KPIs (volumes, revenues, pricing …) for all geographies / clients
- Manage revenue sharing with TB / DM / IRB partners
- Track the FX+ platform performance and operational quality
- Support the business development with accurate ad-hoc data analysis (pricing analysis, campaigns targeting and follow-up…)
- Build a state of the art industrial “Client Intelligence” solution
- Establish key metrics, reports and alerts and requirements in terms of digital business performance, in close collaboration with the businesses, to measure activity and revenues
- Contribute to the management of the product roadmap for Client Intelligence (extension to new activities, new countries, new client segments and needs …)
- Monitor the FX Payments activity and the revenue sharing
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Business Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or similar areas (preferential)
- An overall understanding and interest in the financial world
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Excellent communication skills and client focus
- Strong team work while being able to work autonomously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and organisational skills
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Python and other IT coding Skills – (Intermediate)
About the Team
- The FX Payments activity is a key area of growth for Global Markets. In order to support and accelerate that growth an electronic platform (FX+) has been designed. FX+ is delivering automated FX solutions to support other BNPP business lines such as Cash Management, Trade Finance, Correspondent Banking, who require FX to deliver transactional services to their clients
- FX+ Payments is a platform that manages the execution of FX within International Payments
- (i.e. Payment + FX in one transaction)
- FX+ is successfully implemented in ca 40 countries across Europe, MEA, APAC and North America ; it is globally generating a very significant stream of revenues for BNP Paribas
- FX+ aims to strengthen the BNPP FX electronic offer: Enrich the transaction banking offer (pricing flexibility, extend currency coverage …) with a better FX execution (transparency, automation of processes, 24/7 service, …)
- Within this context, FX+ drives the cross selling with new Business lines (Cash Management, Trade or Supply Chain) and Third parties (Retailers, Payment Service Providers…) through a complete and integrated FX+ Product suite, involving innovative Open Banking API solutions
- The FX+ Platform development and the FX Payments marketing are part of the Global Markets eCommerce & Digital (eC&D) team, which is globally responsible for driving the digital strategy and associated transformation across the Global Markets business lines
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.