- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
About the job
- The Credit Risk – Regulatory Reporting Officer in the Accounting to Risk Reconciliation team contributes to the Credit Risk RWA computation and analysis, contributing to the calculation of the Group Basel solvency ratio and Pillar 3 disclosures (includes Group Accounting to Risk Reconciliation); Regulatory Reporting at Group and sub-consolidated level (COREP Own Funds/Large Exposures/Leverage Ratio, International Commitments, Country Risk, Pillar 2 – Short Term Exercice, G-SIB, Basel Monitoring – Quantitative Impact Study, etc.), Data quality and process optimization and supporting his manager in his role
Your Main Activities Are
- Collection and control of risk data (ensure the quality and integrity of the data used or enriched by the team)
- Calculations, analysis and reporting of RWA (Risk-Weighted Assets) figures to several stakeholders
- Production of management information and variation analysis
- Reconciliation of Accounting and Risk exposures
- Coordination with related businesses (Risk, Finance, Capital Management) and group
- Data quality reporting
- Strive for quality improvement through actively revising and improving processes, procedures and data quality, including actively participating in the testing phases
- Test and analyse the impact of new data sourcing in the completion/referential data in the group tools during the inter-closing period
- Regulatory reports (Large Exposures, International Commitments, Country Risk, COREP)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background (BSc or MSc) in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in Risk and Controls
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail/rigor
- Analytical Ability
- Law & Regulation – Regulatory
- Fluency in English
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.