Climate Analytics & Alignment – Sector Specialist (Associate)
- Standard / Permanent
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
About the job
- Support the Sector Lead(s) to cover one or several carbon intensive sectors (NZBA sectors)
- Acts as day-to-day contact on portfolio, client or transaction reviews with the support of the relevant Sector Lead on more complex or strategic discussions
- Report hierarchically to the Head of Climate Analytics & Alignment and locally to Head of IB Lisbon
- Contribute to the roll-out and the regular updates of the NZBA sector reviews for the sectors under his / her scope of work: ensures quality and timely preparation of necessary materials (presentations, analysis etc.) for the internal workgroups and interacts where relevant with other teams (RISK, Group CSR, Product teams…)
- Is actively involved in the monitoring of the portfolio trajectory and in the modelling of deviation factors/potential risks to the target realization for the applicable sector(s): contributes to a granular understanding of the underlying dynamics, including at client level (notably clients with material trajectory impact)
- Contribute to the identification of key trajectory events and possible alignment / corrective measures
- Perform background research and analysis to provide trajectory visibility, key NZBA metrics and critical inputs at client and portfolio levels to relevant decision-making instances
- Upon the Sector Lead guidance and validation, engage directly with Front teams across the Group on clients / transactions with a material trajectory impact (actual or potential) and provides trajectory analysis and projection, in close collaboration with C2A Data Analytics
- Contribute to an efficient feedback loop with C2A Data Analytics to support methodology decisions and continuously improve the models, notably by providing industry expertise and client-related insights
Your Main Activities Are
- Foster information exchange among key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the other Sector Specialists to ensure modelling and presentations consistency
- Share best practices across the team
- Ensure smooth interaction with the NZBA ecosystem (RISK, Group CSR, Coverage, Product teams…)
- Contribute to a secure operating environment (audit trail, data and record management, 4-eyes checks on key deliverables…)
- Foster industrialization of net-zero reviews and promotes the deployment of effective monitoring tools
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in analytical roles
- Experience in finance and climate change/sustainability issues
- Experience in front office or business line environment
- Fluent in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and energetic personality, with acute situational intelligence
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of BNP Paribas’ organization; strong internal network is a plus
- Enjoys working as part of a team, operates in a collaborative and inclusive manner
- Entrepreneurship mindset, enjoys contributing to the development of the C2A team spirit
- Ability to work transversally and tactfully across a complex ecosystem
About the Team
- In line with the Group’s commitments to fight climate change and achieve the ambitious goals set by NZBA, the Climate Analytics & Alignment (C2A) supports our front officers, across the three regions, as they engage with clients on their transition to a low-carbon economy and steer the Group’s portfolio alignment towards Net Zero by 2050. More specifically, the team closely collaborates with the Low Carbon Transition Group
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.