ALM Treasury Trade Support officer
- Standard / Permanent
- PROJECT & TRANSFORMATION MANAGEMENT
About the job
- The Europe treasury trade support team is in charge of providing support to European treasury activities based in the following countries: London, Dublin, Frankfurt, Madrid, Lisbon, Moscow, Budapest, Sofia, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna, Prague, and Bucharest
- Additionally, it brings support to the Corporate Deposit Line activity (CDL)
- The team has 3 core functions:
- Management and operational monitoring of local treasury and CDL activities
- Controls and reporting
- Process re-engineering through the active participation in projects driven by organisation / projects teams (Business Management or Process expert team) or through the involvement in specific projects conducted locally e.g. migration projects
Your Main Activities Are
- Management and operational monitoring of Europe Treasury and CDL activities:
- Monitoring of the Front Office (FO) to Back Office (BO) workflow interface: ensure that all deals have been correctly interfaced to OMR, Murex, Calypso, FXO Back Office and accounting systems
- Booking of events related to the trade life cycle (update / cancel / termination / rebooking) upon prior request from FO
- Maintain continuous interaction with FO, BO, and relevant stakeholders (PnL, Central and local Finance teams, local operations teams…), for any action done by TS
- Monitoring of local treasury activities / processes
- Controling and reporting:
- In the controls framework, the MO officer must take necessary measures to minimise the operational and fraud risks by establishing exhaustive and regular controls; and escalate to management and /or to the permanent control the issues that have been identified
- Activity monitoring and operational risk monitoring
- Monitor Trade Support controls (booking controls, regulatory and related standards application controls). More generally, ensure that the control framework surrounding treasury activities is efficient and exhaustive and, when appropriate, set up additional controls
- Monitor gapping position controls for specific processes : ensure the correct generation of mirror deals to treasury portfolios
- Carry out discrepancy analysis or investigate any bugs raised by other teams (Position Control Analysis (PCA) team, Back Office, PnL teams…)
- Alert the management and the Permanent Control on any risk issue on a timely basis
- Answer any audit request from Permanent control, V&RC, Risks ORC teams…
- Produce regular reporting aimed at FO (activity reports, specific booking reports…
- Compute KPI and KRI for business or for internal use (activity dashboard)
- Produce specific reporting: e.g. Monthly analytical and cash retrocessions figures computation (generation of reports, communication to ALMT Finance, local FO and Finance teams)
- Answer specific ad-hoc reporting requests
- Process re-engineering:
- The treasury trade support team’s primary function is a production support function. However, the team is involved in a number of projects in coordination with organisation teams, IT, Business Management (launch of new products, new activity, workflows and systems
- Contribute to all initiatives concerning bug fixings, IT enhancements, and workflow updates
- Represent the team in discussion forums such as Operational committees, TAC NAC for the approval of new deals, new activity, or exceptional transaction
- Contribute to transversal and local projects: attend workshops, follow-up meetings and committees, draft the needs, analyse the proposals, and run User Acceptance tests (UAT)
- Provide assistance to FO for any deals representation in the FO system taking into account PnL and BO impacts
- Maintain the documentation framework (operational procedures, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) notes, and user guides, SLA…)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Good knowledge of the FO to BO operational workflow (full trade life cycle chain)
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Good knowledge in financial products
- Good knowledge of Business Object (SAP) would be a nice to have
- Highly developed communication skills, team work spirit
- Availability, strongly committed
- Ability to show initiative, innovative
- Intellectual curiosity
- Analytical and synthetic skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe’s banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
· Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
· Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
· Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.